GENERAL / HOW TO PLAY
Q: Where can I buy 5 Card Cash tickets?
A: 5 Card Cash terminal tickets can be purchased at your favorite Maryland Lottery retailer.
Q: When did 5 Card Cash go on sale?
A: November 12, 2012.
Q: When does the Hit It Big Promotion begin?
A: The fun starts on March 25, 2013.
Q: How much does a 5 Card Cash ticket cost?
Q: How do I play 5 Card Cash?
A: You can learn all about 5 Card Cash by playing our interactive tutorial at mdlottery.com/5cardcash.
5 Card Cash Prizes
Q: How many ways can you win playing 5 Card Cash?
A: There are two ways to win:
1) Win Instantly: If your ticket shows a Poker Hand of a pair of Jacks or better, you instantly win the prize for that hand. You can cash in your ticket immediately and get an exchange ticket with the same cards to hold for that evening’s daily drawing, OR you can wait until after the daily drawing to cash your ticket.
2) Win Later in the Daily Drawing: Each evening, seven (7) days a week, the Lottery will draw 5 cards from a standard 52 card deck. You win by matching 2, 3, 4 or 5 of the randomly drawn cards.
Q: What prizes can you win playing 5 Card Cash?
A: 5 Card Cash offers a wide range of prizes:
1) Instant Win Prizes: Prizes range from a Free Ticket up to a top prize of $10,000.
2) Daily Drawing Prizes: Prizes range from $3 up to a top prize of $100,000.
Q: What is the overall probability of winning any prize when playing 5 Card Cash?
A: The approximate overall probability of winning any 5 Card Cash prize is 1 in 3.90.
MARYLAND LOTTERY HIT IT BIG PROMOTION
Q: What is the Maryland Lottery Hit It Big Promotion?
A: It’s a fun second chance promotion that gives Lottery Players an additional chance to win with their non-winning 5 Card Cash tickets.
Q. Which tickets are eligible for entry into the Hit It Big Promotion?
A. Only non-winning 5 Card Cash tickets purchased from 5:30 AM on March 25, 2013 through 9:00 AM on September 3, 2013 that feature an Orioles Bird Head logo at the top are eligible for entry into this Promotion.
Q: How do I enter the Hit It Big Promotion?
A: It’s easy. Enter the 16 or 17-digit serial number from each non-winning 5 Card Cash ticket (along with name, address and, optionally, phone and/or email address) at mdlottery.com/orioles. Ticket must be purchased during the Promotion Period (see above) and must feature the Orioles bird head logo at the top. The entry page shows you where to find the 16 or 17-digit serial number on the ticket. Save all non-winning tickets entered. They are required for final validation if you are selected as a winner.
Q: What can I win in the Hit It Big Promotion?
A: There are two types of baseball prizes up for grabs:
1) The first is the Maryland Lottery Hit It Big Contestant of the Game. The Lottery will randomly select one Contestant of the Game for every regular season Orioles game played during the 2013 season for a total of 162 Contestants. Each Contestant of the Game will automatically win $500 just for being selected. In addition, the Contestant of the Game will win $100 for every hit by an Orioles player during that game and $500 for each home run by an Orioles player in the 5th inning of that game.
2) The second is Orioles-themed experiential baseball prizes. A total of six (6) Orioles experiential prizes will be given away throughout the season. The prizes range from a chance to have lunch with Orioles Team Manager Buck Showalter to a trip to Cooperstown to tour the Baseball Hall of Fame.
Q: How many Hit It Big drawings are there?
A: There are seven (7) drawings to select both the 162 Hit It Big Contestant of the Game winners and the six (6) experiential prize winners.
Q: What if I am selected the Maryland Lottery Hit It Big Contestant of the Game, and the Orioles have no hits during the that game?
A: You will automatically win $500 just for being selected.
Q: Can I become the Maryland Lottery Hit It Big Contestant of the Game more than once?
A: Yes, but you may only be selected as a Contestant of the Game once during each of the seven (7) drawing periods.
Q: Can I win more than one of the Orioles experiential prizes?
A: No, once you have won an Orioles experiential prize, you are no longer eligible for any remaining Orioles experiential prizes.
Q: Can I enter winning 5 Card Cash tickets into the Hit It Big Promotion?
A: No. Only non-winning tickets are eligible.
Q: Do I have to enter my non-winning 5 Card Cash tickets on the website?
A: Yes, this is an online promotion only. Mail-in entries will not be accepted.
Q: Can I enter the Hit It Big Promotion without buying a ticket?
Q: Where can I find a list of the experiential prizes?
A: A list of all six Orioles experiential prizes can be found under the Prizes tab at mdlottery.com/orioles.
Q: How many non-winning tickets can I enter into the Hit It Big Promotion?
A: There is no limit to the number of non-winning 5 Card Cash tickets that can be entered. The more you enter, the better your chances. However, each ticket can be entered only once.
Q: For the Hit It Big Promotion, does the Lottery draw from all the 5 Card Cash entries received or only those since the previous drawing?
A: Entries are included in only one drawing. You must enter each drawing separately to be included in that drawing.
Q: When and where will winners be announced?
A: Winners will be notified by the Maryland Lottery and will be posted under the Winners tab at mdlottery.com/orioles. Maryland Lottery Hit It Big Contestant of the Game will also be announced during most televised Orioles games.
Q: What are my chances of winning an experiential prize?
A: The Probability of winning any Promotion prize will be determined by the number of valid entries received for each drawing.
Q: If you are selected as a Hit It Big Contestant of the Game, do you get tickets to the game?
Q: What do I need to do to claim my Hit It Big Promotion prize?
A: You will be notified by a Lottery official if you are selected as a Promotion winner. The Lottery Official will inform you of claiming procedures. To claim your prize, you will need to complete a Lottery Claim form, including Social Security Number (SSN), and you must provide proof of your SSN and must furnish photo I.D. proof of being at least 18 years of age. You must also provide the original, physical non-winning 5 Card Cash ticket with the correct matching registered 16 or 17-digit entry number and with the registered name related to your Internet entry. The original, physical ticket is required for final validation and delivery of prize winnings.